gas logs for mobile home fireplace

Follow the installation steps carefully. We provide professional gas log … I assume that this is because this is the key market and that they could in fact be mounted in a stove. Prior to making a purchase of your gas fireplace logs, you will need to investigate whether or not you already have a gas line in place. Unfortunately, we only offer full log sets. Do you carry anything like a 38" Square gas log insert? In certain cases it can. … Need help measuring? With vented logs, you'll enjoy a large, realistic-looking flame that operates with an open chimney flue or damper. I am looking at the G10 ventless firelogs to replace my existing vented propane gas logs. I am looking for gas logs for my Superior fireplace insert, model UVFR 500. If you are hoping for the ambiance provided by a fireplace, today's technology is able to replicate a traditional fireplace quite well. A ventless gas fireplace will have doors that can be easily opened or no doors at all. With gas stoves and hearths in a variety of sizes and styles, there is an option that will fit your home, budget, and unique heating needs. Realistic Clean Burning Accessories 8PCS. The best way to ensure you get fireplace logs that are the perfect size is by measuring the front, back, and middle widths of your firebox and the height of the firebox, too. A gas log configuration to get an authentic look should be done according to the manufacturer's directions and with care to make sure the gas … Place the burner in the desired position inside the firebox. The low profile of these sets means that the valve would be an unwelcome distraction, and the manufacturers recognize this by placing the valve in the back of the set or beneath the burner within a cavity or platform. While there is very little visual difference in the flames produced by either fuel, there are still several factors to consider. What are the shipping options for vented gas fireplace logs? Available in nearly every option of gas fireplaces, fireglass is the ultimate modern touch for a traditional home feature. This vent free fireplace system functions on Natural Gas only. Do the ceramic logs also emit heat when heated up by the gas flame? The unit is 30 years old and parts are unavailable. Discover our selection of fireplaces, fire pits, gas logs, and more. No, our "log sets" only include a burner and logs. They generally just require a fuel source (propane) and a clay-lined chimney. I need to replace the burner and logs for a vent-free LP Temco indoor fireplace model #AD31P. Vented fireplaces produce carbon monoxide during combustion that needs to be vented outdoors. In most cases, the use of a valve assembly will increase the minimum size requirements, due to both the physical size of the valve assembly and the additional space needed for cooling. They are environmentally friendly, cost effective and safe to heat your home with. Am, 5 Biggest Mistakes Made When Purchasing A Fireplace, "Which Gas Logs Are the Right Size for Me?". It is important for you to know what fuels are available to you, and how installation varies. This will depend on several factors, however, Empire, Real Fyre, Grand Canyon and Monessen (in no specific order) are generally considered the best brands. The only set for this unit would be a direct replacement for your original logs. For supplemental heating in large spaces, they are both excellent options. Ventless Liquid Propane Gas Log Set with Manual Control with 11 reviews. For an NG unit it would be just sand and embers. Realistic Clean Burning Accessories 4PCS, Natural Glo Large Gas Fireplace Logs Set of Ceramic Wood Logs. 10.5. Vent-Free Gas Fireplace Logs With Remote. If you don't have an existing gas line, you will need to contact your local utility company to find out the requirements to have one installed. They are convenient, quiet, and there is no mess to clean up. You should check your area for local NFI Certified Techs or gas fitters to see who is available to complete the installation and the cost for the service. No. 99 If so, can it be operated with the vent closed? Want the look and feel of a real log fire without the hassle of starting and maintaining it? What is the difference between a vented vs a ventless fireplace log? I have a small fireplace that needs replacement logs of no longer than 16". Oxygen Depletion System. The Empire Loft models cannot use a log set; these contemporary-style units are only intended to use crushed glass as decorative media. Fire glass sets usually feature a gas valve that is concealed more effectively. If you happen to have more questions, feel free to contact one of our NFI Certified Technicians! Additionally, it is not an issue if the flame hits some of the logs directly, but it is recommended to avoid doing so to minimize soot build-up. Dampness can take a significant toll on a gas log set in as little as a year. If you have a manufactured wood-burning fireplace, not all manufactured wood fireplaces are approved for use with ventless gas logs. Natural Glo Large Gas Fireplace Logs. You may just be looking to upgrade from the traditional log appearance to a more contemporary style that can accommodate fireglass and other fun decorative media. Presently l have an insert and would like to convert to gas logs. Unfortunately, not every area allows fireplaces for mobile homes. Unvented fireplaces operate at a high enough efficiency to put out water vapor and carbon dioxide that does not have to be vented. How do I tell the log sets that have millivolt control systems? Not always. First, you'll want to make sure that you have a gas line to your home. My fireplace opening is 40” wide, 29” deep, and 27” high. Do you have any suggestions? Gas Logs Fireplaces. If you already have appliances that use natural gas, then going with natural gas might be the easiest and most logical choice. Let our NFI certified experts help you pick the perfect product! Be sure to check the model of your burner. 20,000 BTU 36 in. Decorative gas logs are more simple. I have a B-Vent fireplace and the logs that are in there literally put off no heat. If you’ve always wanted that cozy glow of a fire but not the hassle of a wood-burning fireplace, a gas log fireplace may be right for you. You can buy gas logs that burn either natural gas or liquid propane. Vented Natural Gas Fireplace Logs, Complete Set with Pilot Kit and On/Off Variable Height Remote. Gas logs operate differently depending on whether they're vented or ventless. Many manufacturers will recommend primary or secondary log arrangements, but in almost all cases, it is possible to play with the arrangement and find a pleasing setup. Is it necessary to use the sand and embers and vermiculite in our vented natural gas fireplace? We recommend contacting the manufacturer or calling a local dealer for more information. Sizing requirements vary significantly by manufacturer, and there is no one set rule. Moisture will also have an effect on vent-free gas logs as well and is something to keep in mind even when one is no longer going to be using the chimney for venting purposes. There are several things you need to consider when you are buying a set of gas fireplace logs for a new or existing fireplace. Some of the most reviewed ventless gas fireplace logs are the Pleasant Hearth Valley Oak 24 in. Sometimes you may just need your existing gas line extended, which can be done easily by a licensed plumber. Do you have ventless gas logs that are certified for high altitude? What would be the benefit of ventless logs using propane? Second, determine whether you want to go with vented or ventless fireplace gas logs. Since exact placement atop the burner is essential in preventing carbon monoxide with a ventless gas log system, you could not reuse your logs. This article goes into specific detail about factors you should consider for aesthetics as well as the advantages and disadvantages of each valve type. Always leave the fireplace doors open during use. First, think about the fuel source. Find Vent-free gas fireplace logs at Lowe's today. There are many different gas log options and configurations to choose from. Most manufacturers offer a variety of ignition systems for their gas log sets; however, your options boil down to these three pilot and valve types: match lit, safety pilot or push-button, and on/off millivolt valve. We apologize for the inconvenience. Open a window slightly while the gas logs are burning to let fresh air enter the room. Generally speaking, ventless gas hearth systems are not prohibited in mobile homes outside of local code requirements, however, some ventless gas fireplaces may not be installed in a mobile home. It all boils down to your fuel choice, really! This limitation means that the log set will have a lower flame and will look less realistic, especially for larger fire log sets that spread the fire out over a wide area. This gas log set is equipped with an ignition device (piezo) which automatically lights the pilot. Hargrove Hearth Products lines of gas logs capture the warm textures of natural wood with unmatched detail by authentically recreating every inch of natural wood texture, starting with molds made from the branches of real trees. 10002264 Propane Natural Gas (NG) SIT Pilot Assembly 3 Way for HHT, Majestic, Monessen, Temco, Vermont Castings Gas Stoves & Fireplaces, All customers get FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon, Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Her fire burns blue. Find gas fireplaces at Lowe's today. Can I replace propane gas logs in a previous electric fireplace? Also, note that gas logs are referred to by many names: fake fireplace logs, fire logs, fireplace logs, and our favorite, gas logs for fireplace, which is grammatically incorrect, but you get the point. As the burner is made of stainless steel and the logs are made of concrete, it is not required that you cover the set when not in use. I own a beautiful cast iron space heating wood stove which I wish to convert to propane. We're sorry, but there is no such vent free log set that is clean/odor free. Can the log and burner be replaced or changed out in a sealed direct vent unit? It is recommended to use a vent-free log set for no more than 4 hours continuously. A plumber would need to run the infrastructure from the meter to the fireplace. What do you have? 16.1. How do I determine whether my gas fireplace is vented or ventless ? If I have a vented gas log set (Real-Fyre woodland oak WOG4-24) can I keep the log set and replace the burner with a vent-free model? An easy way to determine what gas logs meet your requirements is to utilize our gas log calculator at the top of this page to make sure that you get the best log set for your needs. These limits are 10,000 BTUs for bedrooms and 6,000 for bathrooms. Unlike vented gas log sets, vent-free models are limited to a maximum of 40,000 BTUs per hour. Use in Indoor, Gas Inserts, Vented, Electric, or Outdoor Fireplaces & Fire Pits. If piezo ignitor does not light the pilot, refer to your manual for Match Lighting Instructions . Vented Propane Gas Fireplace Logs, Complete Set with Pilot Kit and On/Off Variable Height Remote. Watch this video on how to measure your fireplace for gas logs. Vent-free units have BTU limitations for where they can be installed in your home. Yes, ventless gas logs are safe. While gas log sets are typically approved for use inside factory-built open front decorative fireplaces, they would not be appropriate for use inside an insert. Others use round glass droplets or will also allow for decorative fire art or shapes to be added. What are my options? I have a Majestic gas fireplace model #uvl 18RN; serial #L42A00 99429897 and I need to replace the center log. The downside is that some gas fireplaces look obviously fake. We are sorry, but we do not have the log for this model in our inventory. Or, do you relish the traditional appearance with a modern edge? If your chimney is not clay-lined, gas logs may not be an option for you. Can a vent or vent free gas log can be installed in a vented fireplace? Keep combustibles away from the fireplace. No Additional Features. Never go to sleep and leave unvented gas logs burning. 16 Inch Gas Logs at eFireplaceStore.com. We are the #1 online resource for fireplaces, stoves, chimney, and everything hearth related! Gas Stoves are a great heating option because they are easy to use and fuel-efficient. Both vented and vent-free sets use specific media for each system. Additionally, dampness in the chimney could result in mold growing in the structure of the home which becomes a massive health hazard if left unchecked. The vermiculite is for LP sets in lieu of the sand. Not only have you learned what gas logs are and how they operate, but you've learned how to pick out the perfect size and install them correctly. The only product we would have would be our Buck Stove sets with the Reflective Blower Assembly found. With the flick of a switch, they can be turned on and off. Any vented gas log set is naturally vented via a functional chimney installed on a woodburning fireplace. Most gas logs are either natural gas or propane but may be vented, vent-free, or configured for see-through fireplaces. Is it difficult to change a vented gas log to a ventless gas log? This is a manual-only feature that cannot be automated in most cases. It all depends on the system. Shop gas fireplace logs and a variety of heating & cooling products online at Lowes.com. Can I put ventless logs in a vented gas fireplace? Height requirements can range from 12 to 20 inches. What is the difference between vented and ventless? Do you have it? Do you have this? There are many different gas log options and configurations to choose from. Refractory fiber logs will often begin to break down after approximately 10 years of regular use, but again, replacements are available in many cases. We are not a Fireplace Xtrordinair dealer and we cannot provide parts or advise on options for your unit. If this is truly a ventless gas fireplace, the logs may only be replaced with the part number associated with the replacement logs shown in the installation manual included with the fireplace. Now, once the gas line is in place and the end is "stubbed" into the fireplace opening, a competent homeowner or fireplace technician can make the connection from that gas stub to the log set. Most gas logs are either natural gas or propane but may be vented, vent-free, or configured for see-through fireplaces. When shopping for gas logs, you'll need to choose vented or vent-free logs. Once you have determined what vent type and control options you desire, you will need to consider what size log and burner set will fit your needs. Unlike almost all safety pilot valves that rely on a match or lighter to ignite the pilot flame, on/off millivolt valves usually have a piezo igniter to light the pilot. Gas fire logs will appeal to you if you're tired of continually needing to sweep out your fireplace, cut and stack wood, maintain and sweep the chimney, or simply tired of paying for firewood each year. Generally speaking, gas logs may only be installed into wood burning fireplaces. B-Vent gas fireplaces are decorative models and certainly will not be a reliable source of supplemental heat. Yes, but only with the same logs or burner that was in the unit originally. What is best gas logs, vented or ventless? 18. If you're looking for a simpler way to enjoy your fireplace and want to have a fire during social gatherings but don't want to be interrupted every thirty minutes or so to go monitor the fire constantly, then gas fireplace logs are the ideal choice for you. Yes, they retain a little heat that radiates from the log. Then, you'll want to make sure that you have a gas line running to your fireplace. Vent-free gas appliances have clean combustion, producing only water vapor and carbon dioxide, not carbon monoxide (when installed correctly). Vent-free log sets are often susceptible to mistakes made in the fireplace acquisition process, and you can check out our 5 Biggest Mistakes Made When Purchasing A Fireplace article to make sure that you're avoiding the most common problems. When trying to determine the best size of gas logs for your fireplace, you'll need to take a few important measurements to avoid oversized or undersized units. You have two basic options for a natural gas or propane-fueled fireplace -- gas logs and gas fireplace inserts. What log sets are available for an Empire 28" Loft Vent Free Fireplace Insert? All of the models we sell prohibit this, as would likely be the case for your model as well. The top-selling vented gas fireplace logs product is the AMERICAN GAS LOG Aspen Whisper 24 in. The best rated gas fireplace logs product is the Split Red Oak 18 in. Gas fireplace logs are the safest, most cost-effective way to enjoy gathering around a fire. 11. If there were problems with the chimney venting a wood fire, the same issues will be present for a vented gas log set. Gas logs provide the realistic look and feel of a wood-burning fire without the need to clean out ashes and replenish wood. Before installation commences, you should have the chimney inspected for leaks or structural issues that could lead to leaks down the road. Yes most vent-free units do have a yellow/orange flame unless they are a "blue flame heater". To answer your question, the log set size generally refers to the width of the widest log at the base of the log set and has very little to do with the burner. Gas logs are a vital piece of an attractive and easy to operate gas-burning fireplace, whether it's masonry construction or a manufactured fireplace. Orders over $99 ship free. It depends greatly on the brand log set you have. Once the measurements are in hand and you have a general idea of what type of log set you're looking for, you can decide on a log set. Many models offer manual flame height adjustment. If I just need 1 or 2 10" pieces, where could I find that? There are three main ways to light your gas logs, which depend on the internal ignition system used for their operation. What do they all mean, and how do they work together? If there isn't a gas line to the fireplace, then you'll want to check with the local code enforcement office to see what requirements exist for a gas line to be run. How much do gas fireplace logs cost? Shop the most realistic Vented & Ventless gas log sets today! Of course, this will entail a bit of renovation and a complete replacement of your venting components. Customers are responsible for checking local codes and regulations prior to purchase. Modern vented gas log sets will usually feature the following items: When installing a vented log set, it is recommended to have your chimney swept beforehand to eliminate the possibility of lingering wood ash odor in the room. There are two types of gas utilized for petroleum byproduct fueled hearth appliances. A vented gas log set cannot be converted to a ventless gas log set because of the BTU output and codes regarding these units. You are describing a direct vent gas fireplace or fireplace insert, and these must be purchased as full units that include the box, burner, glass front and logs/media. There are several differences between vented and ventless gas logs. Gas logs are relatively simple to install. I would like it with a remote. Shop Electric Gas Logs online at Woodland Direct. Would you advise removing the insert or leave and place logs inside insert? Our best recommendation would be to replace it with a direct vent gas fireplace. This is not safe or acceptable. What is the largest set of logs for my fireplace with a natural burn look? We do not recommend installing a gas log set in a freestanding stove. There are drawbacks, however. Call our experts at 800-919-1904. A vented gas log set may be the best option if you desire simple installation, freedom of log arrangement, and less intense heating capacity. At this point, we've covered a great deal of material to assist you on your journey to find the perfect gas log set for your fireplace. Electronic systems will usually see a failure of modules within 10 years, but the parts are common and easy to replace. Find gas fireplace logs at Lowe's today. Do you carry vent free logs with a built in blower? It's also important to note that many municipalities and some states do not allow the use of vent-free log sets. What can you recommend? The gas burner supplies gas needed for combustion, while the gas logs or fireglass camouflages the burner for a traditional or contemporary look. Tyler M. - NFI Master Hearth Professional. Ventless log styles will match corresponding ventless burners and vented styles are not the same. There are also requirements for how maximum heater rating per the definition of undefined space. The burner may feature different ignition systems: match lit, push-button, or electronic ignition. 14.6. Some of the most well-known manufacturers of gas logs are also some of the finest manufacturers in the industry, and you can't go wrong with any of these brands. Then use a masonry bit … Unfortunately, we do not carry any ventless sets that are certified for high altitude. Buy DURAFLAME 2627 023101 Duraflame Fire Log (6 Pack) 5 lb: Gas Logs - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases Mobile home approved. Here are other considerations to make. With a gas line in place, gas log sets that are appropriately sized will fit into place with no trouble. Vented gas log sets are said to produce the most realistic flame over any competing artificial fire on the market, making them an ideal choice for those who are looking to use the fireplace mostly for visual appeal rather than an effective heat source.

Name That Cake Quiz Answers, How Much Daraz Pk Earn, Mystar Utmb Login, Easley First Baptist Church Live Stream, Rhubarb Pie Recipe, Yew Poisoning Sheep, How To Use Chia Seeds, When You Wish Upon A Star Lexi Walker,